He was born in Ankara in 1960. He graduated from St. George Austrian High School in 1978 and from the Medical Faculty of the University of Vienna in 1987. In 1988, he completed the Community Health course at the Department of Public Health, University of Innsbruck. After his military service, he became a specialist in cardiology at the Cardiology Institute of Istanbul University in 1997. In 1998, he became an assistant professor in the Department of Cardiology at the Faculty of Medicine of Başkent University and was appointed associate professor in 2003. As Vice President of the Department of Cardiology, he participated in the establishment of the Research and Application Centre of Başkent University Adana. Since 2007, he has been working as a cardiology specialist in private hospitals in Istanbul. In 2013, he was awarded the title of professor. He has presented numerous lectures and posters at national and international congresses and his articles have been published in national and international journals. His articles have been cited over three hundred times. In 2001, he received the second prize in the national scientific competition on Metabolic Syndrome X.
- St. Georg Austrian High School in 1978
- Vienna University Faculty of Medicine in 1987
- Istanbul University Institute of Cardiology – Cardiology Specialist 1997
- University of Innsbruck Public Health 1988
- USA - Community Health Course 1998
- Baskent University Faculty of Medicine Cardiology
- Assistant Professor in 1988 and Associate Professor in 2003 in the USA
- As the Vice President of Cardiology Department, he took part in the establishment of Başkent University Adana Research and Application Center.
- Received Professorship in 2013