Klinik Psikolog Gürler Güz is a graduate of Haliç University Psychology Department, and he completed his master's degree in Clinical Psychology at Üsküdar University with his thesis titled "Predictive Factors of Treatment Motivation in Substance Dependents: An Examination from Substance Type and Personality Dimensions". He continues his education in the Psychology Doctorate program at Üsküdar University. During his undergraduate studies, he volunteered at Ondokuz Mayıs University Psychiatry Clinic, NP Istanbul Hospital, Bakırköy and Erenköy Mental and Neurological Diseases Hospitals. He started working at NP Istanbul Brain Hospital in October 2015 and currently works in the Amatem unit. Since September 2016, he has been teaching as a part-time faculty member at Üsküdar University.
Therapy training programs:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training by Prof. Dr. Hakan Türkçapar
- Sexuality and Sexual Therapy Training by CETAD (Center for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies)
- Psycho-Oncology Training by Prof. Dr. Sedat Özkan
- Metacognitive Therapy Training by Prof. Dr. Nesrin Dilbaz
Test training programs:
- Neuropsychological Tests Training (NPT) provided by the Turkish Psychological Association.
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) training conducted by the Turkish Psychological Association.
- Rorschach Comprehensive System Basic Training led by Prof. Dr. Kadir Özer.
- MOXO d-CPT (Continuous Performance Test) training, which is a cognitive assessment tool.
Oral presentations and poster presentations at conferences:
- A Comparison of Clinical Features in Panic Disorder Patients with and without Depersonalization (8th National Anxiety Congress & 1st Psychiatry Summit)
- Does Gender Influence Panic Disorder? (8th National Anxiety Congress & 1st Psychiatry Summit)
- Predictive Factors of Treatment Motivation in Substance Dependence: A Study on Substance Type and Personality Dimensions (10th National Alcohol and Substance Dependence Congress)
- Assessment Tools Used in Addiction (Course Coordinator) (10th National Alcohol and Substance Dependence Congress)
- The Impact of Treatment on ADHD Measured by MOXO (11th National Alcohol and Substance Dependence Congress)
- Psychiatric Disorders Related to Online Behavior (10th National Anxiety Congress & 3rd Psychiatry Summit)
- Psychometric Examination in Substance-Dependent Patients with ADHD Comorbidity (Alcohol and Substance Dependence Congress, 2019)
- Overview of Online Addictions (Alcohol and Substance Dependence Congress, 2019)
- Gürler Güz, Hatice Özyıldız Güz, Behavioral Inhibition in Pathological Gambling Addiction, Current Addiction, 2017, 1(2), pp. 65-71.
- Özlem Kızılkurt, Gürler Güz, Hatice Güz, Nesrin Dilbaz, State-trait anxiety levels in Turkey during the COVID-19 pandemic and its relationship to somatosensory amplification, Journal of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, 2021.
- Positive Psychology and Communication Skills, Üsküdar University
- Psychological Testing and Assessment, Üsküdar University
- Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders and Behavioral Addictions, Üsküdar University
- Family Approach in Addiction: Counseling and Psychoeducation, Üsküdar University
- Group Therapies in Addiction Treatment, Üsküdar University
- Preoperative and Postoperative Psychological Assessment and Approach in Elderly Patients: Importance in Spinal Aging, in the book "Aging Spine," Turkish Neurosurgical Society, 2020.
- Initial Interview and History Taking in Addiction, in the book "Addiction Diagnosis and Treatment Basic Book," Ankara Nobel, 2021.
- Self-Report Measures and Neuropsychological Tests Used in ADHD, in the "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Diagnosis and Treatment Consensus Report (DETECT)," 2021.
- Turkish Psychological Association
- Beşiktaş Congress Member
- Ondokuz Mayıs University / Psychiatry Clinic - Internship
- NPİSTANBUL Brain Hospital - Internship
- Bakırköy Mental and Neurological Diseases Hospital - Internship
- Erenköy Mental and Neurological Diseases Hospital - Internship
- Npİstanbul Brain Hospital / Psychologist / alcohol and substance addiction treatment center / October 2015-