Sultan Tarlacı was born in Rize in 1970. She graduated from medical school with honors in 1995, and became a medical doctor. In 2000, she received her Neurology specialty from Ege University.
In 2000, Sultan Tarlacı received the Brain Research Society Research Incentive Award, in 2001 the TÜBİTAK-Brain Research Society Research Incentive Award, and in 2003 the Turkey Journalists Association Sedat Simavi Health Sciences Award. In 2014, she was awarded by the NeoCortex student community, which brings together health sciences students, including those in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine, and directs them towards scientific research.
Sultan Tarlacı is the founder, namesake, and chief editor of the International NeuroQuantology Journal, which began publication in 2003 and focuses on neuroscience and quantum physics. The journal was accepted into international scientific databases (SCI, SCI-E) in January 2008 and is still regularly published under Tarlacı's leadership, now in its 15th year. A book entitled "NeuroQuantology" has also been published abroad (Nova Publisher., 2014) on this topic.
Sultan Tarlacı has published over 40 research and review articles on neurology, neuroscience, and neurophilosophy that have been indexed in SCI. These articles have received nearly 1000 citations in foreign sources.
He has been invited as a guest speaker to many TV programs on the topics of neuroscience, brain, cognitive sciences, behavioral sciences, altered states of consciousness, and neuroscience.
“Acil Nörolojik Hastalıklar (Emergency Neurological Diseases) (2004/2008)" is a book he has written on neurology. His novel "197 Gün" was published in 2014. He has also published several popular science books including "Death Dictionary" (2016), "Why did Schrödinger's cat become schizophrenic?" (2017), "From Cave to Mars" (2017), and "Crime and Brain" (December 2017).
- 1995 Atatürk University / Faculty of Medicine
- 2000 Aegean University / Neurology Specialist
- 1977-1982 Primary school education, Melek village primary school, Rize
- 1982-1985 Muradiye middle school, Muradiye, Rize
- 1985-1989 Rize High School, Rize city center, Rize
- 1989-1995 Atatürk University School of Medicine, Erzurum
- 1995 - July Atatürk University School of Medicine graduation (first in class)
- 1995, November 27: Registration to the Neurology Department, Ege University School of Medicine
- 2000, November 20: Neurology specialization - Ege University
- 2001, March: Departure from Ege University
- 2001, June 1-30: Observer Neurologist, Celal Bayar University, Manisa
- 2001, October 1-30: Central Hospital, Izmir
- 2001, November: Full-time Neurology Specialist at Özel Alsancak Hospital, Izmir
- 2002, September: Responsible physician for the Neurology Unit, Universal Private Ege Health Hospital
- 2010, October: Application for Associate Professorship Exam at Universal Private Ege Health Hospital
- 2011, September: Awarded Associate Professorship in Neurology
- 2013, November 25: Şifa University, Karşıyaka Polyclinic
- 2014, October: Şifa University, İzmir, Basmane Branch
- 2015, April: Şifa University, İzmir, Merkez Bornova Branch
- 2016, July 23: Departure from Şifa University, İzmir
- 2017, October: Professorship at NPİSTANBUL Brain Hospital, Üsküdar University
- 2019, February: Head of the Department of Neurosciences, Üsküdar University.