Vitamin D is one of the vitamins that the human body needs to have a healthy body, and its deficiency leads to problems.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. Besides, it is a type of vitamin that can be stored in the liver and fat. Vitamin D is one of the most apparent vitamins needed by the human body.
Types Of Vitamin D
There are two types of Vitamin D. These are vitamins D2 and D3. Although vitamin D2 can be obtained from nutrients while more nutrients are entered into the body, vitamin D3 can be obtained from nutrients, and the most met method is sunlight.
What Is Vitamin D Found In?
- Mushrooms are grown in sunlight
- Oily fish (salmon, mackerel, tuna)
- Milk and dairy products
- Fish oils
- Egg yellow
- Parsley, nettle(Rolled oats)
Symptoms Of Vitamin D Deficiency
- Nail breakage
- Hair loss
- Dry skin
- Joint pain
It can indicate vitamin D deficiency with these symptoms.
Causes Of Vitamin D Deficiency
- Not being able to use enough sunlight
- Use sunscreen while sunbathing
- The inability of the liver to function
- Spend a lot of time indoors
- Age progression
- Insufficient intake of nutrients containing Vitamin D
- Low quality of the soil where nutrients are grown
- Preventing the absorption and storage of vitamin D in the drugs used
- Excessive consumption of processed foods
- Excess weight and obesity
- Irregular sleep
Benefits Of Vitamin D
- Plays an essential role in bone health and bone strengthening
- Prevents bone resorption
* Prevents the occurrence of diseases such as rheumatic joint inflammation
- Prevents deterioration of mental health, such as depression, anxiety
- Prevents the appearance of respiratory diseases
- It can help lose weight because it can reduce appetite
- It is necessary for healthy pregnancy progression
- Because it regulates insulin levels, it reduces the risk of diabetes
- Protects heart health and reduces the risk of heart disease
- Improves hair, nail, and skin health and appearance
Vitamin D Deficiency Treatment
Vitamin D deficiency causes many problems in the human body, so it needs to be treated. There are many methods of treating Vitamin D deficiency. But the most effective way for vitamin D to enter and store in the body is to stay in direct sunlight for 10 to 15 minutes every day. No sunscreen products should be used when doing this. Other methods are in the form of drug supplements. These drugs can be expressed as needles, pills, and drops taken orally. The dose of the medicine, which will be handled by a specialist, can be adjusted. Vitamin D should not be accepted without expert control, its amount should not be changed. In addition, the consumption of nutrients containing vitamin D is also significant in the intake of vitamin D into the body.