B12 Deficiency Symptoms
B12 Deficiency Symptoms
B12 deficiency symptoms are symptoms that occur due to conditions in which vitamin B12 is less than it should be in the body.
Vitamin B12, which is very important for the body and nervous system's health, can cause many problems when it is deficient. It should also be known that vitamin B12 deficiency can sometimes be a symptom of diseases.
What Is Vitamin B12?
B12 is a vitamin known as cobalamin. It is a vitamin that is of great importance in producing red blood cells (red blood cells) of the body. It is essential in maintaining the health of the body as a whole. However, vitamin B12 can only be obtained through external nutrients. It is not a vitamin that the body itself can produce. For this reason, individuals should pay close attention to their nutrition, take care of a healthy balanced, and regular diet. Symptoms of B12 deficiency are observed when not enough is taken.
What Are The Symptoms Of B12 Deficiency?
- Forgetfulness is one of the main symptoms of B12 deficiency
- Second, in case of hair loss, individuals first think of B12 deficiency. Other symptoms;
- Mood disorders, especially depression and extreme irritability
- Lack of attention, difficulty focusing
- Heart palpitations
- Numbness in the limbs
- Smooth tongue (the dots on the tongue begin to disappear)
- Mouth wounds (AFTs)
- Dry skin and lifeless skin
- Weight loss
What Are The Causes Of B12 Deficiency?
- Applying a Vegan or vegetarian diet
- Not consuming foods rich in vitamin B12
- Eating disorders (anorexia neurosis, bulimia neurosis)
- Constant application of wrong diets
- Some drugs used
- Advancing age
- Gastric reduction surgeries
- Inability to consume B12-rich foods due to food allergies
- Stomach and intestinal problems, diseases
What Is The Treatment Of B12 Deficiency Symptoms?
When a person who observes B12 deficiency symptoms refers to a specialist, it is possible to diagnose B12 deficiency with blood tests requested by the specialist. As a result of the blood test, B12 deficiency is observed, with the vitamin B12 ratio below the reference values. The causes of B12 deficiency symptoms should be investigated, and treatment should be applied in this direction. If B12 deficiency cannot be eliminated by consuming nutrients containing vitamin B12, vitamin B12 medications, or vitamin B12 injections are recommended by a specialist. Vitamin B12 can reach its average values when taken at the specified dose. Moreover, in this way, the symptoms of B12 deficiency are treated.