Polyclinic of Brain, Nerve and Neurosurgery
We are specialized in spinal and neurosurgery surgeries, and successfully perform scoliosis surgeries, especially herniated disc and cervical disc hernia, in our hospital.
Pediatric neurosurgery, tumor, aneurysm operations are performed in brain surgery field.
All of the neuromodulation surgeries in the spine, the brain and the movement disorders we refer to as functional can be performed in our hospital.
O-Arm CT Navigation and ICG, frame technologies are used in our hospital for the first time in this and similar operations of Functional Surgery in Turkey.
THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY IN NEUROSURGERY:
In NPİSTANBUL Brain Hospital, there are 2 laminar flow digital operating rooms, one of which is 1A and the other is 1B, and the 16-bed intensive care units that operate robotic surgery, Tumor, Spinal cord and Aneurysm surgery, Parkinson, OCD, Depression and Epilepsy operations that are applied in many areas of the battery operations. Intensive care unit can fully service up to Level 3 to all intensive care patients.
In our hospital, we offer the first and only 1A Ultra Clean operating room equipment of Turkey approved by an independent accredited organization, that obtain superior technological infrastructure facilities that support surgical operations in all branches.
Operational risks are minimized due to advanced technology systems.
The most advanced microscopic surgery that can perform tumor surgery with fluorescent staining.
- O-Arm CT Navigation and ICG, frame technologies are used in our hospital for the first time in this and similar operations of Functional Surgery in Turkey.
- The whole spine can be visualized in a short time, thanks to our digital x-ray which can make automatic scoliosis screening.
- Vascular / oncologic surgery can be performed under the guidance of sodium fluorescence with a neuronavigation assisted high-level neurosurgical microscope.
- Surgical operation is progressed in a controlled manner with an advanced imaging quality, calculation, measurement and reporting ability of high-level intraoperative, color doppler ultrasonography device supported by neuronavigation. At the same time, this system is known as the flagship of neurosurgery screening.
- The target can be reached from the shortest and fastest manner with the 3D screening system supported by neuronavigation, and images of before and during operation can be combined by fusion and thus with minimum incision.
- 3D Screening during operations: We also validate the success of the operation with our multidimensional CT imaging devices in the operating room, offering the advantage of minimizing the need for second surgery.
- Surgical Success: During the surgical interventions that we use such as computer aided navigation systems; the relationship with adjacent tissues is determined and the surgical incision required to reach the mass is made from the most accurate location. The lesion that is targeted during surgery is approached with great accuracy (1 mm accuracy), and the damage that can occur in the healthy tissue during operation is reduced to the minimum. If a surgical procedure is to be performed for biopsy, our navigation system will provide the shortest and least damage to the mass by making the necessary calculations so that it can be entered into the center of the mass.
- Prevention from Infection: Hygienic ventilation in accordance with TS EN-ISO 14644-4, which we create in our risky areas, and the safety of sterilization with surgical equipment follow-up systems has been raised to the highest level.
- Anesthesia Safety: One of the most worrying parameters of our patients is the safe application of anesthesia. In NPİSTANBUL Brain Hospital operating rooms, anesthesia devices that have End-Tidal Control and ecoFLOW Technologies are used, which eases Optimizing patient oxygenation safely and helping to prevent very low (hypoxic) or excessively high anesthetic gas flow. In addition to increasing surgical safety by reducing the use of waste gases and anesthetics, the regimens can measure the depth of anesthesia and pain at each stage of surgery and conduct the necessary treatments.
Waist and neck sores are a common health problem today. In modern life, increasing working hours, lack of exercise, increased tendency to become overweight, increase the incidence of spinal disorders in the society. This disease is the leading cause of neurosurgeon (neurosurgery) polyclinic consultations. In the past, cervical disc hernia and herniated disc, which are perceived as advanced age disorders, are affecting younger individuals today.
The movement of cartilage pillow-like cushions (discs) between the lumbar vertebrae into the spinal canal is called a spinal cord.The herniated structure may extend into the spinal canal and press on the spinal cord and / or nerves leading to the legs. This situation leads to important indications such as Waist and leg pain, numbness in the legs, feeling chills and tingling, difficulty walking and loss of labor, urinary incontinence in advanced cases, forward weakness in the leg. Delay in the initiation of treatment can cause the problem to grow or become permanent.
Your physician will inform you when surgery is necessary. Today, microsurgery and endoscopic methods (also known as closed surgery among the public) have made the herniated disc surgery very safe and practical. Patients can immediately get rid of their aches after surgery and walk on the same day. The length of stay in hospital is decreased to 1 day. After a few weeks of protection and rest, you can easily return to your old lives
Cervical Disc Hernia
Similar mechanisms and problems in herniated disc are also valid for cervical disc hernia. Depressions in the discs between the neck vertebrae can cause severe pressure on the spinal cord and the nerves leading to the arms and herniation to the spinal canal over time. For this reason, pain, numbness, tingling, loss of power and awkwardness in the hands are encountered in the necks due to aches, frequent holdings, dizziness and short-term blurred attacks. If the spinal cord passing through the neck region has a control line leading to the whole body, spinal cord stiffness can be reduced in the arms and legs such as loss of power, balance defects, and is possible to be confronted with further problems.
Drug treatment, prevention, weight control, neck exercises, use of neck, if necessary, and physical therapy programs are important in situations where surgery is not needed and in advanced cases microsurgery and techniques are applied easily and safely nowadays, and patients see permanent benefits
Modern methods of treatment remove herniated disc and cervical disc hernia from being a frightened issue. On the contrary, with modern endoscopic discectomy or microsurgery methods in appropriate cases patient comfort has reached to a satisfactory level of comfort.