Brain, Nerve & Spinal Cord Surgical Opportunities
NP Istanbul Brain Hospital is the first and the only private world-class brain hospital in Turkey. We have gathered 20 years of experience in Neurology, Psychiatry, Psychology and Neurosurgery to offer our patients comprehensive approved treatments of brain, and spinal disorders, injuries.
Brain Disorders Treated in NP Istanbul Brain Hospital:
- benign and malignant brain tumours (glioma, meningioma, schwannoma, pituitary gland tumours, posterior fossa tumours);
- brain cysts resection;
- cerebral aneurysms clipping;
- epilepsy surgery;
- functional brain surgeries
- DBS “deep brain stimulation”,
- SDR “selective dorsal rhizotomy”,
- AHE “amygdalohippocampectomy”,
- peripheral nerve stimulation.
- spinal conditions (hernia, herniated disc, spinal tumours, spinal stenosis laminectomy);
- paediatric brain disorders (spastic cerebral palsy surgery).
Get World-Class Healthcare
NP Istanbul Brain Hospital is a fully fledged brain hospital accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International). A tailor-made multidisciplinary approach is our key success factor for desired treatment outcomes.
Pioneering Advanced Technology
To reduce possible post-operative risks and airborne infections, to reach desired clinical outcomes our highly experienced surgeons perform surgeries using up-to-date advanced technology and equipment:
- Ultraclean Operating Theatres (1A) including hygienic Ultra-clean EcoFlow ventilation systems;
- neurosurgical microscope with fluorescent staining;
- O-Arm or 3D intraoperative CT;
- neuronavigation enabling accurate tumour resection, therefore, virtually eliminating unwanted complications;
- Pain Measurement Device for quantitative pain assessment;
- 128-slice Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography (CCTA).
Feel Safe and Secure
- End-Tidal Capnography enabling anaesthesia safety;
- laser marking surgical instrument tracking system making patients confident about the quality of instruments sterilized;
- operating theatre teleconferencing system;
- comfortable and highly secure rooms for our patients.
Brain or Spinal Surgery Duration
Depending on the diagnosis, case complexity, and surgical techniques brain or spine surgeries can take an hour or more.
The Choice of Anaesthesia
The surgery is performed in a well-equipped JCI accredited operating theatre general anaesthesia, therefore, a patient does not experience any discomfort or pain. After the surgery your surgeon prescribes you effective medications as a part of pain management being an essential factor of overall recovery.
Recovery after Brain or Spinal Surgery
Depending on the diagnosis, case complexity, and surgical techniques, your general health condition a physiotherapist may recommend you to undergo physical therapy and rehabilitation, which in general speeds up the heeling process and accelerates the pace of returning to a normal life. Physical therapy and rehabilitation focuses on resuming firstly light activities followed by daily living independently.
How Long to Stay in Turkey?
Brain and spine surgeries generally suggest about 1-10 days of hospital admission and in average one week of post-operative follow-up appointments.
Where to Stay after Discharge?
After hospital discharge patients can stay in comfortable appealing boutique or residential hotels nearby, chosen by our International Department Team.
Free of Charge
- English, Arabic and Russian Speaking Translators;
- providing the copies of medical reports following the consultations in Turkish, English or Russian;
- transfer from the airport to the hospital/hotel (for inward patients);
- accommodation assistance (hotels, apartments, etc.);
- visa procedures assistance;
- estimating the cost of services, preparing proforma invoice;
- contacting international insurance companies.