Health is our fundamental human right. Sometimes psychiatric disorders, such as depression, anxiety, panic attacks, post-traumatic stress and personality disorders even addictions can be neglected and underrated even by family members and friends of a patient. Mental health is also a pivotal part of general health condition being a key success factor to personal relationships and emotional well-being. Thus, if you feel that you have a mental health problem, do not hesitate, get help.
There are various psychotherapy or counselling approaches, new generation medications, which can manage the symptoms, as well as reliable up-to-date approved minimal-invasive treatments.
Prompt and Confidential Psychiatric Help
NP Istanbul Brain Hospital is a confidential, non-judgemental healthcare provider. Our highly experienced psychiatrists treat adults as well as children and patients of advanced age with:
- panic attacks
- anxiety and psychoses
- eating disorders
- personality disorders
- trauma-related disorders
- gambling, substance addictions, etc.
What Causes Psychiatric Conditions?
- biological factors, brain chemistry;
- personal experiences as trauma, severe diseases, physical or psychological abuses;
- genetic predisposition;
- lifestyle (diet, physical activity, alcohol and substance use).
Symptoms of Mental Disorders
The signs and symptoms of mental health conditions can include, but not limited to, the following:
- lack of concentration and fuzzy thinking;
- extreme feelings of anxiety, excessive fears affecting your day-to-day life;
- rapid changes in mood;
- avoiding social activities, communication with friends;
- insomnia and fatigue;
- delusions, paranoia or hallucinations;
- alcohol and substance abuse;
- change of sex drive (sexual problems);
- drastic changes in eating habits;
- suicidal thinking and aggressive or hostile behaviour.
Effective Methods of Psychiatric Treatment
Modern forms of psychiatric treatments presuppose an individual approach to every patient regardless of his or her diagnosis. Therefore, the treatment plan will be designed according to your needs. Psychiatric treatment may embrace a combination of various established methods or may be composed of a single method:
- long-term and short-term psychotherapy
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapies, etc.
- medications to eliminate symptoms of a psychiatric disorder by modulating chemical signalling and communication within the brain;
- deep brain stimulation (DBS);
- deep transcranial magnetic stimulation (dTMS)
- repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS);
- electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
Facilities in NP Istanbul Brain Hospital
Advanced and established brain stimulation treatments are applied in the Neuromodulation Centre. If need be, your psychiatrist can advise therapeutic drug monitoring tests such as serum blood drug levels and DNA analysis in our certified Clinical Pharmacokinetics Laboratory to monitor and maintain therapeutic drug level concentration. In NP Istanbul Brain Hospital you can also undergo QEEG (quantitative electroencephalography or brain mapping), which measures electrical activity of the brain, evaluates a treatment’s effect, reveals cognitive and psychiatric changes.
How Long to Stay in Turkey?
Typically psychiatric treatment suggests at least one month of hospital admission or staying in Turkey, because some of the methods mentioned above require anaesthesia and several sessions as well as close follow up. Besides, patients undergoing psychiatric treatment and being on a long-term medication treatment need to visit their doctor periodically on a regular basis.
Where to Stay after Discharge?
After hospital discharge patients can stay in comfortable appealing boutique or residential hotels nearby, chosen by our International Department Team.
Free of Charge
- English, Arabic and Russian Speaking Translators;
- providing the copies of medical reports following the consultations in Turkish, English or Russian;
- transfer from the airport to the hospital/hotel (for inward patients);
- accommodation assistance (hotels, apartments, etc.);
- visa procedures assistance;
- estimating the cost of services, preparing proforma invoice;
- contacting international insurance companies.