Hospital admission and the discharge guide
Hospital admission and the discharge guide
Welcome to our hospital. Your treatment process has two stages. The first stage is inpatient treatment. The second stage is outpatient treatment.
In the first stage: Our floor physician and floor psychologist will take care of you during your treatment process. During your Treatment, you will encounter many legs of psychotherapy. Depending on your situation, you will participate in family therapy, marriage therapy, group therapy twice a week, computer module studies (rehacom and/or neuro biofeedback), as well as individual therapy day-to-day or more often, as well as a good morning meeting every morning. In addition, your doctor will meet with you and adjust your medication order and check the results of Treatment with daily interviews.
In addition, your family interview (for information and information purposes) will be conducted from time to time by both a doctor and a psychologist. If there is a problem with your family or peer-to-peer communication, the therapeutic intervention will be carried out to eliminate them.
For problems that you cannot solve during hospitalization and treatment, contact and apply for the Patient Rights Unit.
In the second stage, after leaving the hospital, your doctor and psychologist appointments will be arranged in our outpatient clinics, taking into account that your follow-up will continue without a hitch. Your doctor and psychologist, who will conduct your outpatient treatment, will also come to the department where you previously slept to meet you. All your treatment and therapy information will be forwarded to your outpatient doctor and psychologist from the beginning. In this way, you will not feel any deficiencies during your conversations with them during the outpatient treatment phase.
If you continue your outpatient treatment as planned and in the process, the recurrence of your discomfort will be prevented, and you will be able to live a healthy life, leaving your psychological problems behind.
What should you bring for a good start on your way to our hospital?
Our goal is to get to know our treatment team and hospital to get you settled in your room and comfortable. On the day you arrive in NPISTANBUL, you will be greeted by a patient consultant.
Please bring the following with you when you arrive:
- ID or driver's license
- Documents related to your Social Security (you must have detailed information about your official or private health security at the time of your application. Thanks to this information, your procedures will progress faster and healthier.)
- Unique items that will make you comfortable (tracksuit without a rope, underwear, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, bath towel, bath fiber, socks, nail clippers, comb.)
When you arrive at our hospital, our patient consultant will meet you and check your appointment. All of our hospital employees who take care of you will carry ID cards with their names and duties written on them.
- After admission to your room, you will undergo the necessary checks for your safety.
- You will be informed about how to use equipment and items in all rooms, including nurse call system, bed use, TV, bathroom, cabinets, and lights. Please do not hesitate to ask questions about things you do not understand.
- Food should not be kept in our rooms in terms of hygiene. You can use the fridge for your water and other drinks.
- You can put your clothes in the closet in your room.
- Do not bring valuables with you as much as possible; hand over all kinds of money and jewelry to the floor nurse when you go to your room.
- For your safety, your room and the service you are in, except for toilets and bathrooms, has a digital display system.
Telephone and television services
Our ability to make a phone call depends on your doctor's approval. These services will be reflected directly on your bill. In our hospital, there is a television in every room.
Our hospital has a "Wireless" internet system. Our patients who are allowed to use laptops can easily use them.
Nursing services on floors
Administrative services on the floors and nurses will help you with your special needs. They will take care of you when you have requests for your clinical comfort, meals, and special needs.
Medical accounting consultants
All our patient consultants are experienced and knowledgeable about the examination, examination, treatment prices, and packages applied in our hospital. It is their responsibility to pass this information on to you. Please make sure that you understand the amount and content that you will pay. Your treatment plan may vary depending on your condition. In this case, changes will be notified to you, and then reflected in your bill during your bedtime. On the day you arrive at the hospital, up to 50% of the fee, which will be determined according to the examination, treatment services, and the estimated duration of hospitalization, will be received from you as an advance, and a receipt will be sent to you to be deducted from your discharge bill. If you prolong your treatment process, you will be informed again and asked to increase the advance amount.
The medical and administrative team responsible for you
A comprehensive Council visit is held one day a week to evaluate the health status of our consultants receiving inpatient services from our hospital and to prepare/revise the treatment plan. This council visit is conducted under the leadership of our teachers, who have the title of Professor in the field of psychiatry. The council visits are attended by the floor doctor and psychologist, the consultant's responsible nurse, our social workers, nutritionist and expanded treatment team and share about the treatment process of our consultant. This process is very important for the Treatment of our consultant and is applied with many years of experience within the framework of our hospital's multidisciplinary perspective. At the dates determined by the service team, you can also be invited to these visits and get information about the treatment process from our consultant physician.
A psychiatrist will take care of you during your stay in our hospital. It will determine the necessary tests and examinations to diagnose your condition, write down all the medications you will use, coordinate with other medical departments when necessary, and decide when you will be discharged. The doctor who admitted you to the hospital and the doctor who performed your Treatment during your hospitalization will be separate. Your doctor who decides your admission will be in touch with your hospital doctor during Treatment. Our Internal Medicine and Neurology specialists, who serve within our hospital, will also perform your examination during your hospitalization and make the necessary arrangements by participating in the treatment process to ensure that your Treatment is complete.
Psychologists conduct psychological assessments of patients with psychological tests and clinical observations and apply a psychotherapy technique appropriate for the patient, taking into account the data they receive. During the hospital admission process, you will be assigned a responsible psychologist. Your responsible psychologist will work in cooperation with your doctor to carry out the therapy process. It will also conduct informative and supportive therapeutic interviews with your family members when necessary. Group therapy during hospitalization and occupational therapy to support your Treatment (painting, marbling, music, wood painting...) will monitor your participation and share your observations with the treatment team.
Nurses and paramedics
Nurses and paramedics are an essential link between you, your relatives, and doctors. They help you communicate your needs, understand your Treatment, and speed up your healing process. They apply your medications and serum therapy, perform the Treatment planned by your doctor. They provide safe environments for you by scheduling your entire daycare. It is among their most essential tasks to note significant symptoms, to ensure your safety, to inform you about your hygiene, and how to protect your health.
Patient information privacy
A "code" is set for each inpatient, and this is reported only to the family representative. No one is informed about the patient except the family representative. A person who wants to get information about the patient by phone is asked about the "patient code" information is provided if the correct answer is received. Again, the patient representative who comes to visit the hospital or meet with the treatment team is asked about the "patient code" and is accepted for the interview if he knows. If requested during discharge, information about the procedures performed in the hospital is delivered to the patient in writing. Hospital records are classified. No information about his Treatment in our institution is provided outside the patient's knowledge.
Information about the patient is not provided to anyone other than the family representative.
For more information about patient information privacy, see our Information Security page.
These are units that help you with other operations other than the medical service you receive from our hospital (such as public relations, accounting). They will try to help you with any problems related to the service you receive.
For your health and safety;
Safe drug use
In our eyes, your safety is as important as your health. As long as you stay in our hospital, follow the medication and medication hours you use. Tell your doctor about any medication you use. Hand over all medicines you bring with you to your nurse.
Participation in the treatment plan
In order for your Treatment to be more effective and healthy, your cooperation in the treatment process is required.
- Talk to your nurse and doctor about your Treatment.
- If you have any questions, talk to a nurse, psychologist, or doctor. They will take the necessary actions and information.
Fall and injury prevention
Your safety can be at risk because you are unfamiliar with our hospital environment or you may be sleepy, lethargic depending on the medications you use.
For your own safety, you must follow the following precautions.
- If your doctor or nurse has warned you not to walk alone, pay attention to it.
- Keep your phone, nurse call button, or any special items you need at a distance that you can easily access.
- If you are allowed to walk unaided, make sure that there is enough light in the walking area.
- Choose the hospital slippers we give you to prevent your foot from slipping.
- If you need to walk with a cane or walker, make sure to use them safely and comfortably.
- If you are going to take a bath, be sure to ask for help from a nurse or medical officer.
Hand washing and personal care
Hand hygiene and trouble cleaning are some of the most important issues in preventing hospital infections. 15 seconds of effective handwashing with soap and water ensures the removal of organisms and microbes within the hand. Your personal care during hospitalization (cleaning of your clothes, bathing, shaving of your hair and beard... etc) will be monitored by our nursing services unit and you will be given the necessary support in this regard.
From our mobile library, you can access books selected by our experts. In our services, we will have activities other than art therapy and group therapy. Sports equipment for sports, tennis, pinball (varies according to services.), scrabble, chess, checkers, word games are available. The integrity of Treatment is ensured through our art therapies, which include marbling, painting, wood painting, yoga, and music.
Your comfort is our comfort
Patients, their families, and visitors can benefit from our free parking.
Our hospital security services work 24 hours without interruption for your peace and comfort.
- It is forbidden to have cutting/piercing substances such as glassware, razors, needles, knitting skewers in your room, and senses that can be abused, such as belts, endured scarves.
- Illegal drugs and weapons are absolutely not in possession. You must hand them over if they are on you.
- Items that are inconvenient to be kept in the hospital are delivered by our nurses and health security personnel (SGP) with a record and are returned for signature during discharge.
Lost and found
Our hospital security staff are located at the main security gates, emergency security gates, and services (SGP). If an item is missing or found an item belonging to someone else, please report it to security.
Smoke-sensitive detectors protect all our buildings and rooms. In areas designated by the hospital administration, our patients can smoke.
There are two areas within our hospital as a summer and winter garden. At certain times of the day, with the doctor's approval, our patients can take advantage of these areas. (Accompanied by a nurse and SGP, at the designated hours for each service)
As long as you are in our hospital, you can use the hospital cafeteria for drinking tea, coffee, and eating bland food. Contact the restaurant for fee information and restrictions during the admission and discharge process.
We are ready to listen and correct when you have any dissatisfaction and complaint from our hospital and/or team. Thank you for being involved in our efforts to improve ourselves. You can report your complaints to the patient relations and Patient Rights Officer.
Information for your visitors and companions
Being with your loved ones and family is an essential part of your healing process. It is necessary for us that your visitors spend time with you. However, for our other patients' peace and comfort, we ask our visitors to take care of the following issues.
1. In our hospital, there are three types of rooms: single, double, and suite rooms. He can remain a companion with the doctor's approval. There is no companion practice in intensive care.
2. As a general rule, phone calls and visits are not accepted during the first 1 week after hospitalization.
3. If the companion or visitor application is not considered appropriate by your doctor for a medical reason, please take care to comply.
4. Patient relatives and visitors are subject to the doctor's permission to enter the services.
5. Visits take place in the area reserved for visits. Visiting hours are from 10:00 to 18:00. The visiting time is 30 minutes. Your doctor interviews patient relatives by appointment between 14:00 -17:00. Our call center for appointments will help them.
6. Different visiting hours can be applied in different sections. According to the doctor's directive, a visit restriction can be imposed.
7. Visitors must always carry the visitor's card inside the hospital.
8. Gifts such as magazines and books can be brought to patients by visitors. Open drinks, food, and flowers are not accepted from the outside. Food items brought from outside during patient visits are checked by the service team.
9. Child visitors can come to visit the patient with the condition that they have an adult with them with the approval of the doctor. Children under 13 are not allowed to participate in floor interviews.
10. Phone calls are made until 20:00. Permission must be obtained from the on-duty doctor outside the designated hours. Possession of mobile phones and computers is prohibited in closed services. Open services are subject to the doctor's permission.
For donations to the human values and mental health foundation
If you want to help the "IDER" donation program established within our hospital where people in need will be cared for free instead of sending flowers, you can buy donation cards. An information card on behalf of the sender will be forwarded to our patients. In addition, you will be given detailed information about who your donation was used for.
- Your doctor will tell you about your discharge time at least one day in advance. Get detailed information about the list of medications you will use and how to use them. Be sure to receive information about your follow-up examination. After discharge, your appointment will be arranged with the doctor who admitted you to the hospital.
- Because you understand detailed information about all the drugs you will use; (a drug card will be issued), be sure to read the medication, diagnosis and Treatment Guide for details.
- If you have a follow-up appointment, make sure that all transactions related to your appointment are made (an appointment card will be issued). You'll be called for a follow-up appointment. If you have not been reached for any reason, please call us. Please be careful to arrive on the day and time assigned to your follow-up appointment. You will be given the phone numbers of the clinic and your doctor to call when you need them. Please note that you can always call us.
- Be sure to return your valuables.
- Before discharge, you will report your suggestions and complaints to the interested parties and guide us to see and correct our shortcomings. The direct telephone number of the patient rights unit is 0216 633 06 25.
At the end of the discharge, you will be surveyed by our staff. Your suggestions and complaints will be treated seriously.