Patient-Oriented Addiction Treatment
One of the ways to harm patients is to leave them without treatment.
Dr. Nevzat Tarhan, Professor of Psychiatry
Prompt and Confidential Psychiatric Help
Health is our fundamental human right. Mental health is also a pivotal part of general health condition being a key success factor to personal relationships and emotional well-being. Mental illnesses and various forms of addiction often overlap. Therefore, if you or your loved one struggle with a substance abuse or the other form of addiction, do not hesitate, get help.
Types of Addictions
Nowadays most experts recognise two main types of addictions: firstly, chemical addiction, secondly, behavioural one. Chemical addiction refers to substance use abuse (tobacco, alcohol, drugs). Behavioural addiction suggests compulsive behaviours, gambling, food addiction, internet addiction, etc.
Phases of Addiction Evaluation
- gathering anamnesis
- physical evaluation
- psychiatric evaluation
- biochemical and advanced toxicological laboratory evaluations
- brain check-up including QEEG
- neurocognitive evaluation
There are various psychotherapy or counselling approaches, new generation medications, which can manage the symptoms, as well as reliable up-to-date approved minimal-invasive treatments.
Non-Pharmacologic Treatment of Addiction:
- long-term and short-term psychotherapy
- personal and group counselling
- family therapy
- “Good Morning” meetings
- SAMBA group therapy
- occupational therapy (art, pottery, handcrafting, music, ebru)
- neurocognitive rehabilitation REHACOM.
Pharmacologic Treatment of Addiction
- oral administration of medications
- implants in case of non-adherence to oral administration
Minimal Invasive Treatment of Addiction
- deep TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation)
- rTMS (repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation)
- ECT (electroconvulsive therapy)
Facilities in NP Istanbul Brain Hospital
Therapeutic drug monitoring tests and advanced toxicology tests such as serum blood drug levels and DNA analysis are also performed in our certified Clinical Pharmacogenetics Laboratory to monitor and maintain therapeutic drug level concentration.
In NP Istanbul Brain Hospital you can also undergo QEEG (quantitative electroencephalography or brain mapping), which measures electrical activity of the brain, evaluates a treatment’s effect, reveals cognitive and psychiatric changes.
How Long to Stay in Turkey?
Typically addiction treatment suggests at least one month of hospital admission or staying in Turkey, because some of the methods mentioned above require anaesthesia and several sessions as well as close follow up. Besides, patients undergoing addiction treatment need to visit their doctor periodically on a regular basis.
Where to Stay after Discharge?
After hospital discharge patients can stay in comfortable appealing boutique or residential hotels nearby, chosen by our International Department Team.
Free of Charge
- English, Arabic and Russian Speaking Translators;
- providing the copies of medical reports following the consultations in Turkish, English or Russian;
- transfer from the airport to the hospital/hotel (for inward patients);
- accommodation assistance (hotels, apartments, etc.);
- visa procedures assistance;
- estimating the cost of services, preparing proforma invoice;
- contacting international insurance companies.