Advanced Toxicology Analysis Laboratory
In our laboratory, quantitative analysis of toxic and addictive substances (opiate, amphetamine group, cannabis, synthetic cannabinoids, alcohol, cocaine) are performed in urine by Waters XEVO TQD Ultra-performance liquid chromatography, coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (UPLC-MS/MS) device.
Our laboratory has TS/EN ISO17025 Accreditation and CAP External Quality Control Certificate. In this context, each test is performed according to the TS/EN ISO17025 rules in our laboratory. Additionally, testing is performed with external quality control urines sent by CAP (The College of American Pathologists) every 3 months.
Our laboratory ensures systematic analytical accuracy and possible random errors to be within acceptable limits.
When the samples’ waiting time expires, they are delivered to the medical waste with a written report for disposal in accordance with the legal regulations.
NPGROUP Laboratories Quality Control Program
In order to raise the level of mental health of the society and to provide an effective solution to the problems of this sense; our hospital does not know any boundaries when it comes to service and we are very careful about the laboratories within our organization.
Due to the latest developments in the medical world, in order to present new treatment methods in psychiatry in good quality and safety to clients, the laboratories are routinely audited bidirectionally with internal and external quality control* studies.
International comparison and continuous evaluation are provided in the framework of self-evaluation and external quality control work in two-way quality control studies and laboratory services. Thus, improvement can be obtained when both quality control studies result in improper results.
* NPGROUP Laboratories is a member of College of American Pathologists (CAP) external quality control program.
NPGROUP, proceeds in laboratory services with “we cannot heal what we cannot measure” principle as it is applied with the whole processes.
Accreditation Certificate ISO7025
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation; The work carried out by the conformity assessment bodies and consequently, the conformity confirmation documents they have organized as a result of these studies (Test and inspection reports, calibration certificates, management system documentation, product documentation, personnel documentation, etc.) reliability and validity of the quality infrastructure. Accreditation of conformity assessment bodies, international standards setting out the qualification criteria for relevant conformity assessment bodies, relevant sector specific requirements and on the basis of requirements which are recognized by the regional or international accreditation bodies in the guidance documents and which are accepted throughout the world.
TS EN ISO / IEC 17025 Qualification of Testing and Calibration Laboratories:
Accreditation bodies that recognize the technical competence of laboratory laboratories should use ISO / IEC 17025 as the basis for the accreditation of these laboratories.
In addition to the general requirements for the competence of the test and calibration laboratories of the TS EN ISO / IEC 17025 Standard, a laboratory is capable of producing technically correct and reliable results and technical competence. By starting to use a single international standard as a demonstration of laboratory competence, experiment and calibration laboratories compete with each other at the same level. This is a laboratory that is accredited according to the ISO / IEC 17025 standard, because of the international validity of its calibration certificates or test reports, a wider market, in other words, a wider customer base is provided.
Many countries in the world have identified the technical competence of laboratories with the help of accreditation systems. For laboratory accreditation, one or more organizations may work in a country. The task of accrediting the laboratories in our country has been given by Turkish Accreditation Authority (TURKAK) according to Law No. 4457. For the accreditation of experimental laboratories as of today, TS EN ISO / IEC 17025 Standard is taken as basis. These standards are accepted worldwide. The elements of the standard set out general requirements for a laboratory's quality management system and technical competence.
The laboratories accredited according to this standard are periodically audited by the accreditation body and a decision is made to continue the accreditation according to the results obtained.
It is a requirement that a laboratory wishing to maintain accreditation should be able to take successful results by participating in comparative and competence testing programs that are accredited.
Key Principles for ISO17025:
- Internal Quality Control Schemes
- Proficiency tests or interlaboratory comparison tests,
- Operating instructions or standard application instructions (SAIs),
- The use of standard reference materials or in-lab quality control using sub-references,
- Use of properly maintained and calibrated devices,
- Validated methods,
- Reporting uncertainty of the measurement,
- Qualified personnel,
- Registration and reporting,
According to TS EN ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 Standard It is not compulsory to be accredited but it has not been accredited in the coming years, the international and even national acceptance of laboratories that cannot demonstrate that they produce valid technical results and the reliability of their results; therefore, commercial organizations are not able to compete commercially. With ACCREDITATION, the laboratories will be admitted to the national and international scale that they are technically competent and that the results they produce are valid technical results.
The requirements of the ISO 17025 standard are divided into two parts
1. Management Terms: Describe the requirements for the operation of a quality system.
Within this scope:
- Management System,
- Document Control,
- Review of Referrals, Proposals and Conventions,
- Submission of Experiments and Calibrations to Subcontractor,
- Purchase of Services and Materials,
- Customer Service,
- Control of Inappropriate Test and / or Calibration Procedures,
- Regulatory Activity,
- Preventive Activity,
- Registration Control,
- Internal Inspections,
- Management Review,
2. Technical Requirements: Providing technical competency. Includes all requirements that the laboratory must meet in order to obtain valid technical results.
Within this scope:
- Location and Environmental Conditions,
- Validation of Test and Calibration Methods and Method,
- Measurement Traceability,
- Transactions Applied to Test Samples and Calibrated Devices,
- The assurance of the quality of the test and calibration results,
- Reporting results, transactions are defined.
Advantages of ISO17025:
- By starting to use a single international standard as a demonstration of laboratory competence, it is intended that the laboratory and calibration laboratories operating anywhere in the world compete with each other at the same level.
- A product or service with a conformity document issued by an accredited conformity assessment body and that it provides the applicable requirements for this product or service.
- Due to this systematic, accreditation contributes to the elimination of technical barriers to trade.
- A laboratory which is accredited according to the standard of SO / IEC 17025, has issued its calibration certificates or internationally valid test reports provide a wider market, in other words a wider customer base.